Mount Stuart Trust’s Visual Arts Programme has an international reputation working with established artists for over twenty years. In 2018, the programme was expanded to include artists at an earlier career stage. Mount Stuart Trust is delighted to run the residency again this year.
This specialist opportunity will give an emerging artist time and space to explore their practice in relation to Bute island communities and to this end will focus on socially engaged practice.
As part of our commitment to supporting artists from diverse backgrounds we encourage applications from BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and disabled artists. Any artist that identifies in their application as a member of any of these groups and fits the eligibility criteria will automatically be shortlisted.
Length of residency: 4-8 weeks.
Date: from October 2023.
Accommodation: will be provided.
Fee: £505 per week.
To be eligible you should;
- be based in Scotland or have attended a Scottish Art School
- have graduated within the last five years
- demonstrate a genuine commitment to socially engaged practice
- commit to living on Bute for the duration of the residency.
An invited panel, in conjunction with Mount Stuart Trust, will select the successful candidate.
Applications are now invited and must include the following:
- CV, including two referees
- Letter of application demonstrating your commitment to and experience of socially engaged practice. And an outline of how you might approach working on Bute and any particular sector you would hope to engage with
- 6 images of work
- Our completed Equality & Diversity monitoring form (available on request by email or to download from our website here).