We operate the website www.chartsargyllandisles.org (site). We are CHARTS Argyll and the Isles, a charity registered in Scotland under company number SCIO 49113 with our registered office at Helensburgh and Lomond Civic Centre 38 E Clyde St, Helensburgh G84 7PG.
Should you wish to contact us about these terms and conditions please do so via our Contact Us web page.
Conditions of Use
We act as an online advertising platform for the CHARTS community. When you enter into an agreement for the supply of services and/or any goods with another user of CHARTS, the agreement will be between yourself and the other user.
We at the company are not a party to the contractual relationship between the users of CHARTS (whether an oral, written or other contract). It is up to you to ensure that you are satisfied of the suitability of any engagement, to confirm the identity and the status of those involved and to check any credentials and we shall have no input or liability in that respect.
As a condition of your use of CHARTS you agree that you will not:
- violate any local, national or international laws or regulations;
- post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
- post or otherwise communicate any false or misleading material or message of any kind;
- use the site for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute spam, chain letters, or promote pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm CHARTS or the interests or property of CHARTS users;
- impose or contribute to imposing an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of CHARTS;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content without their consent;
- use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access CHARTS and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- copy, modify or distribute rights or content from the CHARTS site, services, applications or tools or CHARTS' copyrights and trademarks;
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: (a) any part of our site; (b) any equipment or network on which our site is stored; (c) any software used in the provision of our site; (d) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party; or
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to CHARTS.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
Contributions must be accurate (where they state facts), be genuinely held (where they state opinions) and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the following rules.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence.
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse; or
- contain any direct contact details including email addresses, phone numbers, web addresses, facebook pages or similar unless it is expressly stated that they are allowed.
You shall be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of your Contributions and for ensuring that that they are current and up to date.
We have no obligation to you, and undertake no responsibility, to review your Contributions (including user-generated content) to determine whether they may result in any liability to any third party.
All postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, or other materials (“Content”) posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Service, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for each individual item (“Item”) of Content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the Service. You understand that Go Get Gorbals does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Service, and that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable.
Furthermore, the CHARTS site and Content available through the Service may contain links to other websites, which are completely independent of CHARTS. CHARTS makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such site. Your linking to any other website(s) is at your own risk. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will CHARTS be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Service. You acknowledge that CHARTS does not pre-screen or approve Content, but that CHARTS shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available via the Service, for violating the letter or spirit of the TOU or for any other reason.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Services, our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
We do not assume any responsibility for services provided by or between users of CHARTS or any other third party suppliers or any statements made by them and we make no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, about the suitability or quality of any services or goods which appear on our site or any statements made about them. In addition, we take no steps to verify the identity of any CHARTS user, any statement made about them or any relevant qualifications or experience.
Nothing in these terms shall limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do.
We do not review users' postings and are not involved in the actual transactions between users. As most of the content on CHARTS comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what's offered.
In no event do we accept liability of any description for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee continuous, error-free or secure access to our services or that defects in the service will be corrected. While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the operation and availability of our sites, services, applications or tools.
Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of, or inability to use CHARTS, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.