We are launching an artist-led project in Inverkeithing.
The project is to work with people in Inverkeithing to create a textile artwork to hang in the refurbished Town House.
The aspirations for the project are
- An inclusive, community-based, participatory project, involving up to 50 people.
- A wide range of community members participate.
- Participants have access to clear instruction, a kit of materials, and friendly support.
- Participants understand they are making an individual “jigsaw piece”, to be later assembled by the artist into a collaborative final artwork, a patchwork of individual contributions.
- Participants enjoy the experience, and have the opportunity for home-based creative activity.
- Both artist and participants will be proud of their contribution to the final artwork.
- The artwork will illustrate a story or stories drawn from Inverkeithing’s rich history and heritage.
Submissions are due by Friday 26th March.